Physical Education (PE)
At Renbrook School, our Physical Education department strives to guide students towards finding a lifelong love of fitness, sports, exercise, health, and play. The Physical Education and Athletics programs offer various age-appropriate activities to meet each student’s physical, emotional, and cognitive development. The well-planned and sequential curriculum allows students to build individual skills, understand concepts, and learn about the importance of health and wellness. We emphasize cooperation, respect for self and others, teamwork, and competition.
The Physical Education faculty stresses safety, support for the emerging athlete, and a balance between competition and good sportsmanship. Two gymnasiums and an abundance of athletic fields, ropes course, and outdoor learning spaces are available to all students.
To help a child...
- In the development of fairness, readiness to accept rules, cooperation, self-control, and responsibility for school and personal property.
- Develop a sense of achievement through their effort, perseverance, and respect for their potential.
- Understand the importance of physical fitness, which leads to optimum health for the growing child.
- Develop a sense of self-confidence and understanding of leadership qualities.
- Develop self-motivation toward Physical Education and exercise.
- Realize the joy and happiness, which can follow from wholesome physical activities to encourage a lifetime of participation.
- Acquire general and specific skills and understand a variety of game elements suitable to their age.
- Develop a proper perspective regarding competition with both themselves and others.
- Participate enthusiastically in Physical Education and Athletics.
- Develop a broader understanding of skills and concepts related to those activities in which they participate.