Math Intern (paid)
Renbrook School, a preschool through eighth grade independent day school in West Hartford, CT, is committed to fostering a love of learning and academic excellence. We provide our students with a nurturing and challenging educational environment that encourages curiosity and critical thinking. We are currently seeking a dedicated and passionate Math Teaching Intern to join our team and assist in delivering high-quality math education to some of our highest achieving elementary math students.
As a Math Teaching Intern at Renbrook, primary responsibilities would include:
- Small Group Instruction: Work with small groups of elementary students (2-4), providing personalized support and instruction in math enrichment and challenge activities.
- Curriculum Development: Collaborate with classroom teachers to create engaging and challenging math activities that cater to the diverse learning needs of our students.
- Assessment: Regularly assess and monitor student progress, providing feedback and adjusting instruction as necessary to ensure student success.
- Student Engagement: Foster a positive and inclusive learning environment that encourages curiosity and a love for mathematics.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in education, mathematics, or a related field.
- Strong background and passion for mathematics.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Enthusiasm for working with elementary students and helping them succeed in math.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and able to work effectively in a team.
- Valuable hands-on experience in an educational setting.
- Mentorship and guidance from experienced educators.
- Opportunity to make a meaningful impact on students’ academic growth.
- Competitive hourly wage.
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, resume, educational philosophy statement, and two letters of recommendation (in one PDF document) to firstname.lastname@example.org with Math Intern in the subject line.
Renbrook School is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse educational environment. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Renbrook School is an affirmative action – equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religious creed, age, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, ancestry, present or past history of mental disability, intellectual disability, learning disability or physical disability, including but not limited to blindness, veteran status, sexual orientation, and other protected classes.
Renbrook School will provide reasonable accommodation to known disabilities of a qualified applicant or employee unless the accommodation imposes an undue hardship on its operation.